You are watching: Why does star wars battlefront 2 keep crashing
Before getting started
Before you head on to the following fixes, make sure your PC (how to check my PC specs?) meets the minimum needs for Star Wars: Battlearea 2.
Try these fixes
If “Yes my equipment is up for running Star Wars: Battlefront 2“, below are 8 crashing fixes for you to attempt. You could not have to try them all; simply occupational dvery own the list until you find the one that does the trick.
Fix 1: Repair your game
Most of the time, repairing your game does the trick. Your Battlefront 2 crashing might be resulted in by corrupted game records. If you haven’t tried this before, make sure you perform this before you attempt the complying with fixes.
Before repairing your game, you’d better rebegin your computer system and also launch Origin or Steam.1. Origin
1) Select My Video Game Library in Origin.
2) Right click your Star Wars: Battlefront 2.
3) Select Repair.
4) Wait for the process to finish.
Rebegin Origin and also play your game to view if the crashing concern persists. If the game keeps crashing randomly, move on to the next solve.2. Steam
1) Go to the Library tab.
2) Right click Star Wars: Battlefront 2 and select Properties from the food selection.
3) Select LOCAL FILES tab and click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES… button.
4) Wait for the procedure to complete.
Restart Steam and play your Battlefront 2 aget to test the problem. If the game keeps crashing randomly, you can repair the game manually.
Fix 2: Update your gadget drivers
An array of gaming problems such as crashing and freezing is caused by a wrong, faulty, or outdated graphics driver. Battlefront 2 is no exemption. To save your game job-related choose a charm, you’ll should upday the graphics driver.
You deserve to acquire the latest graphics driver from your graphics card’s manufacturer NVIDIA and also AMD, that store releasing new chauffeurs to settle bugs and enhance gaming performance. But if you don’t have the moment, patience or abilities to update the driver manually, you can carry out it immediately via Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will immediately acknowledge your mechanism and find the correct chauffeurs for it. You don’t have to understand exactly what system your computer system is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would certainly be downloading and install, and you don’t need to concern around making a mistake once installing.
You can upday your motorists immediately via either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes simply 2 clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and also click Shave the right to Now button. Driver Easy will certainly then sdeserve to your computer system and detect any type of outdated or difficulty vehicle drivers. You’ll be amazed at how many kind of updays you’ve missed out.
3) Click theUpdateswitch beside the flagged graphics card driver to immediately downpack the correct variation of that driver, then you can manually install it (you deserve to perform this through the FREE version).
Click Upday All to upday all of your chauffeurs immediately (feel cost-free to try the Pro version, which comes via Full Support and a 30-day Money-Back Guarantee. You will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
The Pro version of Driver Easycomes through complete technical assistance. If you need assistance, please contactDriver Easy’s support teamatsupport
4) Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Fix 3: Reset Battlefront 2
If you fail to soptimal your Battlefront 2 from crashing, you can attempt to reset your Battlefront 2 settings. Sometimes your game crashing can be prompted by specific settings. Here’s how to execute it:
1) Quit Battlefront 2 and also close Origin/Steam.
2) Go to %USERNAME%Documents and also delete the entire Star Wars: Battlefront II folder.
3) Play Battlefront 2 aacquire to test the concern.
This settle functions for a lot of PC customers, yet if this doesn’t work-related for your case, don’t worry. There’re a few even more fixes you deserve to attempt.
Fix 4: Revert earlier to DX11
Many Battlefront 2 players uncover reverting to DX11 helps mitigate random crashes. Here’s exactly how to perform it:
1) Go to %USERNAME%DocumentsSTAR WARS Battlefront IIsettings.
2) Right click BootOptions.ini file (if tright here is one), and also choose Edit through Notepad++.
3) Change GstRender.EnableDx12 1 to GstRender.EnableDx12 0 and also conserve the file.
You need to currently have the ability to run this game without a hitch. If Battlefront 2 keeps crashing, you have the right to allow DX12 aobtain.
Note: If you uncover reverting to DX11 renders your game laggy, you can edit BootOptions.ini aget to allow DX12.
Fix 5: Run as administrator
When game keeps crashing, you deserve to always run both your game launcher and also game.exe file as administrator. To make certain your game runs smoothly, you can run your game as administrator permanently.
1) Right click Origin/Steam and pick Properties.
2) Go to the Compatibility tab and also select Run this regime as administrator.
3) Click Apply > OK.
4) Go to your game installation folder and run your game exe file as administrator also.
This functions for many type of COMPUTER players, yet if it doesn’t perform the trick for you, don’t be upset.
Fix 6: Disable antivirus software application temporarily
Since Battlefront 2 consumes many memory and CPU usage when it’s running, many kind of third-party antivirus applications may regard it as a potential hazard and also reason Battlefront 2 crashing issues.
To watch if this is the culprit of game crashes, you have the right to disable your antivirus applications temporarily. Additionally, you deserve to include the entire Battlefront 2 folder to its list of exclusions.
Be added cautious around what sites you visit, what emails you open up and also what documents you download once your antivirus is disabled.
If the game keeeps crashing, you have the right to attempt the following resolve.
Fix 7: Percreate a clean boot
Tright here can be some other conflicting solutions that sheight your Battlefront 2 from working commonly. To check if this is your problem, you’ll need to percreate a clean boot.
1) Press Windows logo design key and R at the very same time to open the Run box.
2) Typemsconfigand pressEnterto openSystem Configuration.
3) Go to theServicestab and also check theHide all Microsoft servicesbox. Then clickDisable all.
4) Select theStartuptab and clickOpen Task Manager.
5) Under theStartuptab, selecteachstartup item and then clickDisable.
6) Go earlier toSystem Configuration, then clickOK.
7) Restart your COMPUTER and laun your Battlefront 2 to see if the game launches commonly.
If your game runs perfectly this time, congratulations! If you need to find the problematic software program. Here’s exactly how to carry out it:Open the System Configuration.Enable the serviceone by one(rebegin your PC and test the issue after enabling each organization or start up) till you find the problematic one.
Fix 8: Disable Discord In-Game Overlay
If you’re using any programs with overlay attribute such as Discord, disabling In-Video Game Overlay may assist you alleviate your random game crashes on your PC.1. To disable it entirely
1) Open Discord and also click Settings (the gear icon).
2) Navigate toOverlaytab on the left pane.
3) Toggle offEnable in-game overlay.2. To disable it just for Battlefront 2
1) Click theSettingsicon
2) Click onGamesin the navigating bar
3) Toggle Star Wars: Battlefront 2 toOff.
Try playing your game again to check out if the crashing still persist. If unfortunately not, you’ll more than likely must execute a clean reinstallation of Star Wars: Battlefront 2. Here’s how to perform it quickly:Press Win + R to open the Run box.Type appwiz.cpl and also hit Enter.Right click Star Wars: Battlefront 2 and also select Uninstall.
See more: Strike While The Iron Is Hot Origin, Strike While The Iron Is Hot Definition & Meaning
After uninstalling, don’t forobtain to clear the roaming and also neighborhood papers. PressWindows logo key+Rto carry out the Run box, then enter%appdata%. After that, delete the related game documents in theRoaming folder. Also, go backward toAppDataand clear the related game papers in theLocalfile folder.
If reinstalling the game doesn’t assist at all, you might have to wait for the latest game patch.