Complete guide to forms of questions and sample question kinds via examples. Create a Free Account
You are watching: Which one of the following is an example of a "flexibility" option?
350+ Free survey templates Customer Surveys Human Reresources Surveys Marketing Surveys Indusattempt Surveys Community Surveys Academic Evaluation Surveys
Types of Questions: Sample Inquiry Types with Examples
What is a Question?
A question is a sentence that seeks an answer for information collection, tests, and also research study. Right questions create accurate responses and also aids in collecting actionable quantitative and qualitative information.
Questions have over the years evolved to different question kinds to now collect various sets of indevelopment. The kinds of question supplied in a research study study are chose by the indevelopment compelled, nature of the research, the time needed to answer, and the budgain constraints of a examine.
The art of asking the appropriate concerns helps to obtain deep insights, make informed decisions, and construct reliable options. To recognize how to ask excellent concerns, understand the standard question kinds.
Below are some widely offered kinds of concerns via sample examples of these question types:
1. The Dichotomous Question
The dichotomous question is generally a "Yes/No" close-ended questionand also provided for standard validation. In the below example, a yes or no question is supplied to understand if the person has actually ever used your digital keep to make a purchase. The respondents who answer "Yes" and "No" can be bunched together right into teams. Then, you deserve to ask various questions to both teams.
2. Multiple Choice Questions
Multiple alternative inquiries are a question kind in which respondents have to select one (single pick multiple choice question) or many kind of (multi-select multiple option question) responses from a provided list of alternatives. The multiple-option question is composed of an infinish stem (question), right answer or answers, incorrect answers, cshed choices, and also distractors. However before, the questions are designed as it ideal matches the intended outcome. Usually, single select inquiries are delisted by radio butloads, and multi-pick inquiries are deprovided by check-boxes. An instance of a multi-select multiple-option question is a financial institution that would certainly favor to launch a new crmodify card and wants to understand payment merchants" usage:
This helps the bank understand also the preference of payment vendor and also use that in their brand-new product launch.
3. Rank Order Scaling QuestionThe rank order question kind enables the respondent to rank choices in a question in the order of alternative. Use this question type to understand also the weightage that is available by respondents to each option. The various other form of rank order question is a drag and drop question form, where the respondent can rearselection options based on prominence. An example of a rank order question is a sporting activities items keep looking to understand from respondents their alternative of sports and the order they would certainly area them.
4. Text Slider Question
A text slider question is a rating range question kind that uses an interactive slider in answer to choose the a lot of correct choice. The choices scale is well-defined and on the same continuum. Rating scales are used to measure the direction and also intensity of mindsets. You deserve to likewise usage a message slider wright here either end of the alternative has actually an anchor.
5. Likert Scale QuestionLikert Scale is just one of the many offered devices by sector researchers to evaluate their targain audience"s opinions and also perspectives. This form of question is crucial in measuring a respondent"s opinion or belief in the direction of a provided subject. The answer alternatives range is commonly a 5, salso, or nine-point agreement range used to meacertain respondents" agreement through various statements. Likert scales have the right to be unipolar, indicating a respondent to think of the visibility or absence of top quality. Or they have the right to be bipolar, discussing two various attributes, and also defining the family member propercent of those characteristics. For example, if a telecom firm would certainly prefer to understand also the respondent"s satisfaction level through their services, the question that have the right to be asked is:
6. Semantic Differential ScaleSemantic differential range is a type of question that asks civilization to price a product, agency, brand, or any "entity" within the frames of a multipoint rating option. These survey answering options are grammatically on opposite adjectives at each finish. For example, if the national health and wellness association desires to collect feedback on Government insurance policies from the basic public, the complying with question might be administered.
7. Stapel Scale Question
The Stapel range question is a close-ended rating scale through a solitary adjective (unipolar), developed to gather respondent insights about a specific topic or event. The survey question comprises an also number of response choices without a neutral suggest. For instance, if an airline desires to collect feedback on multiple qualities of a respondent"s flying experience.
8. Constant Sum QuestionConstant Sum question is additionally a rank order question type where the respondent deserve to only pick choices in the develop of numerics. A continuous amount question permits respondents to enter numerical values for a set of variables but calls for them to include as much as a pre-stated full. Each numeric enattempt is summed and also can be presented to the respondent. It is an excellent question type to use when asking financial, budget-associated concerns, or percentage based questions. An example of this question type is collecting data on how respondents alsituate monthly budgets based on their income.
9. Comment Box Open Ended ConcernThe comment box open-ended question is offered to collect any feedback or suggestions that can be incredibly lengthy. They are open message format such that the respondent ca solution based on their finish understanding, feelings, and expertise. Hence, this question form is used once the organization conducting the research would prefer to justify a choice in a prior question or as soon as considerable feedback is compelled from the respondent.
10. Text Question
A message question is similar to a comment box, however the information to be gone into is mostly regulated and calls for validation. This form of question has actually 3 sub-types:Single row text: One line of text can be inputted, for example, home resolve.Numeric textbox: Only numbers deserve to be gotten in. The usage of various other personalities will certainly throw an error—for instance, contact number.Email address: Insert email address for even more correspondence.
11. Contact Indevelopment Question
This question type is an open-ended question via multiple rows of text shown with a title, and the textual personalities are regulated. This form of question collects respondent information choose full name, resolve, email resolve, phone number, age, and sex.
12. Demographic Question
The demographic question captures the demographic information from a population set. They are offered to identify age, gender, earnings, race, geographical area of residence, variety of youngsters, and so on Demographic data helps you paint a much more precise image of the team of people. For example:
13. Matrix Table Question
Matrix table inquiries are arranged in tabular format with inquiries listed on the left of the table while the answer options are at the height of the table. Tbelow are multiple variants of the matrix table question form. Multiallude matrix table concerns usage radio butlots to pick answers for multiple aspects in a question. Multi-pick matrix table questions use check-box butloads to pick answers. The spreadsheet matrix table question is used to insert message while answering inquiries. An instance of this is if an organization desires to collect feedago on specific attributes; the question that have the right to be asked is:
14. Side-by-Side Matrix Concern
In situation you have to organize a survey to recognize the importance and satisfactivity level of the various services offered to individuals, you deserve to usage side-by-side matrix question. It gives you the alternative to define multiple rating options simultaneously. The side by side matrix question renders it basic to determine your strengths and also improvement locations.
15. Star Rating Question
The star rating question is a type of rating questionthat supplies an odd variety of stars to rank features or display feelings and also emovements. An odd number matrix type question is offered to account for a middle or neutral allude in a rating survey. Higher the variety of stars, better is the agreement via a statement. This question kind permits for a rating on multiple rows to be gathered for one single topic. For instance, if a retail brand wants to gather feedago about their brand also, they can usage a star rating question in the complying with format:
16. Max Diff Question
Maximum Differential Scaling or Max-Diff is a question form wright here respondents are offered a collection of features and also asked to show the ideal and the worst qualities. Tright here can only be one of each alternative in the final response. For instance, if a financial institution desires to understand the preference of payment seller, the question have the right to be asked in the following format:
17. Push to Social QuestionsPush to social question kind permits you to share reviews or feedearlier to social media sites favor Facebook, Twitter, and Google +. It is used to create a positive vibe about your brand also on social media. Alternatively, you have the right to deal with customer satisfaction issues and also negative feedback before they go out on social media.
18. Visual Analog QuestionThe visual analog question is a close-ended question that can be administered in two methods - a Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down question type and also an odd-allude smiley question.
The thumbs up and also thumbs dvery own question is a two-suggest question where respondents have to suggest their feelings or opinions via either a positive or negative answer. An instance of this question kind is a respondent"s emovement towards their endure at Starbucks.
The smiley rating question type mainly is composed of a 5 point rating scale indicated via a neutral point. Due to the question"s visual representative nature, the response rate for this question kind is always better. An example of this question is a retail brand also looking to collect feedago via the purchase endure.
19. Image Question
The photo question is used to boost the response rate of respondents as it allows them to click on imeras as their answer option to a question. For instance, to understand a respondent"s favorite ice cream flavor, the question deserve to be administered as:
20. Net Promoter Score (NPS) QuestionA Net Promoter Score (NPS) is a question type sent out to customers to gain a concise knowledge of their satisfactivity level via your brand or organization. This question is imperative for understanding the level of customer satisfactivity. Response to this question is measured on a scale of 0-10. It offers a simplified, yet a highly efficient vision of an organization"s brand also popularity and identifying potential brand also promoters or detractors among existing customers. Respondents to this question are categorized as: Detractors: Who provided a score between 0 and also 6. Passives: Who gave a score in between 7 and 8.Promoters: Who gave a score in between 9 and also 10.
21. Van Westendorp-Price Sensitivity QuestionThe Van Westendorp-Price Sensitivity question is a technique for market researchers to gauge customer perceptions of products or services" value. It helps in knowledge the scope to tweak the price and also giving. For example, if a software application product manufacturer wants to recognize how to price a product, the complying with question can be asked:
22. Date/Time QuestionDate/Time question kind allows you to collect date/time indevelopment filled in by a respondent continuously. For instance, concerns concerned the day of birth deserve to be answered utilizing this question.
23. CAPTCHA Question
This question kind is supplied to limit the phony responses in a survey or data arsenal by automated computer system programs.
See more: Which Of The Following Is True For An Isometry ? Which Of The Following Is True For An Isometry
24. Calendar Question
The calendar question permits the respondent to input a date and also time in the calendar format. For instance, to input date of birth.
25. Interenergetic Maps QuestionInterenergetic map concerns permit a respondent to click on a area by hovering over or clicking an interactive map. When the respondent scrolls over the map, a choice have the right to be made based on the pop-up at the allude of float. For instance, if a respondent is asked for the birth state or city, he/she have the right to hover over the map to choose the correct area.
26. Reference Data QuestionThis question can be used to validated zip codes versus those in the databases for a provided nation. For example, if respondents fill in his/her zip code and also should examine if it"s correct as per traditional US postal zip code, they can usage this question form.
27. Lookup Table QuestionThe lookup table question type uses to autocomplete indevelopment systematically. It is a mix of drop-down and single-line editable textbox. This question type is offered as soon as there are many alternatives, and also the correct option is shown once the respondent starts keying.
28. Store Locator QuestionThis question form helps to locate a nearby store in an area for business purposes within proximity of an resolve or area.
29. TubePulse Question
This question kind enables the respondent to administer feedago or indulge in a conversation around a specific topic. The stimulating subject is depicted through a video. For example, if an company wants to collect feedback on a shopping endure, feedback have the right to be acquired by: