Multiple alternative concerns.
You are watching: Which of the following statements is true of the factors that affect an advertising budget?
1.The price elasticity of demand is: a) the ratio of the percentage readjust in quantity demanded to the portion adjust in price. b) the responsiveness of revenue to a adjust in quantity. c) the proportion of the change in quantity demanded split by the change in price. d) the response of revenue to a adjust in price.
2.If demand is price elastic, then: a) a rise in price will raise total revenue. b) a loss in price will raise complete revenue. c) a autumn in price will reduced the quantity demanded. d) a climb in price will not have actually any type of effect on full profits.
3. Complementary products have: a) the very same elasticities of demand also. b) extremely low price elasticities of demand. c) negative cross price elasticities of demand with respect to each other. d) positive earnings elasticities of demand.
4. The price elasticity of demand primarily tends to be: a) smaller in the long run than in the short run. b) smaller in the short run than in the long run. c) larger in the short run than in the lengthy run. d) unpertained to the length of time.
5. If the price elasticity of supply of doodads is 0.60 and the price increases by 3 percent, then the amount supplied of doodads will certainly rise by a) 0.60 percent. b) 0.20 percent c) 1.8 percent d) 18 percent.
6. Suppose we understand that the price elasticity of demand of excellent X is equal to -1.2. Then, if its price will certainly increase by 5%, we have the right to predict via certainty that a) quantity demanded of that excellent will certainly boost. b) the revenue of the firm producing that good will increase by 6%. c) the revenue of the firm creating that excellent will decrease by 6%. d) the amount demanded of that good will certainly decrease by 6%. e) None of the over.
7. A 10% boost in the price of movie ticket in Westridge 8 leads to a 15% decrease in the number of tickets offered, indicating the demand for movie ticket in Westridge 8 is: a) elastic. b) inelastic. c) unit elastic. d) Can not tell from the indevelopment offered.
8. If the cross-price elasticity in between 2 products is 1.5, a) the 2 goods are high-end items. b) the 2 items are complements. c) the 2 products are substitutes. d) the two items are normal products.
True/False/Unparticular. For each of the adhering to statements, say whether it is true, false, or unspecific and explain your answer.
1. It is reasonable to suppose the cross price elasticity of demand also for golf clubs and also golf balls to be positive.
Golf clubs and also golf balls are complementary goods. This means that, as the price of golf clubs boosts (a positive change), the usage of golf balls decreases (an adverse change). Cross price elasticity of demand also is equal to the ratio of these transforms and also will be negative. The statement is false.
2. If the demand is perfectly elastic, then a shift in the supply curve does not influence the equilibrium price.
|True, because a perfectly elastic demand also curve is horizontal. Because of this, no matter what the shift is the equilibrium price will always remain the exact same. (See graph.)|
3. The demand curve for autos is more elastic than the demand curve for Fords.
False. A Ford can be substituted by a various model. It is not as easy to uncover a substitute for a car in basic. The more substitutes a good has actually, the even more elastic is the demand for that excellent. Because of this, demand also for Fords is even more elastic. 4. Suppose you very own a "Here Comes the Sun" tanning salon and also the demand also curve for your services is downward sloping. Additional, expect that a brand-new tanning salon dubbed "Sunny Delight" opens up 2 blocks away from your salon. Tell whether the adhering to three statements are true, false or uncertain and describe your answer.
a. The demand also curve for your services shifts to the right. This new salon is a substitute for your services. After it has appeared, your consumers have even more choice, and also some of them will start utilizing the brand-new salon. So the demand for your services will certainly decrease, or shift to the left. The statement is false.
b. The demand for your solutions becomes more elastic. One of the components determining the price elasticity of demand also for the great is the variety of substitutes. More substitutes - even more elastic demand also. The statement is true.
c. The cross-price elasticity of the demand for your services with respect to the price charged by "Sunny Delight" is negative. These two products (services) are substitutes. The cross-price elasticity of substitutes is positive, because as the price of among them rises, the demand also for (and also therefore the intake of) the various other one increases, too. The statement is false.
Brief Answer Question. 5. At first Hans Johnson was the just customer in the market for "Casa de Econ" beer, developed by a little local brewery. When the price of "Casa de Econ" six-fill varies in between $10 and also $20, the price elasticity of his individual demand is equal to negative 1. Now imagine that Hans has actually been cloned 4 times, and also currently we have actually 5 the same consumers in the industry for "Casa de Econ". What will take place to the price elasticity of sector demand in the price variety offered above? Will the demand end up being even more price elastic, much less price elastic, or will certainly elasticity continue to be the same? Explain your answer.
See more: Why Did The Tennis Player Decide To Get Glasses ? Why Did The Tennis Player Decide To Get Glasses
Since elasticity deals with loved one transforms, it doesn"t matter just how many kind of consumers we have actually in the sector as long as all of them are very same. (If the amount demanded for each of them changes by 50%, that would certainly mean the amount demanded in the entire industry will certainly readjust by 50%, also.) So the price elasticity of demand will certainly remain the same.