You are watching: Which of the following statements about a weak company culture is true
1. A company's corpoprice culture is BEST defined and also determined by:A. the integration of the strategy and also company design that a firm has embraced.B. by the company's common values, ingrained mindsets, core ideas and also company traditions that determin
B. by the company's shared values, ingrained mindsets, core ideas and also agency legacies that identify standards of habits, welcomed work techniques of "exactly how we do things about below," and formats of operating.
2. The character of a company's corpoprice society is a product of:A. the mutual worths and also core organization principles and also ideas that administration preaches and also practices.B. its standards of what is ethically acceptable and what is not and the stories that
3. Which among the adhering to is NOT a fundamental component of a company's culture?A. The work-related techniques and also actions that specify "just how we perform points approximately here".B. The company's traditional of what is ethically acceptable and also what is not, in addition to the "chem
4. A company's society is in part identified and also identified by:A. a company's internal work-related climate and personality�as shaped by its common worths, occupational practices, heritages, and also ingrained mindsets and also actions that specify "how we carry out points around below."
A. a company's internal job-related climate and also personality�as shaped by its shared worths, job-related techniques, heritages, and ingrained perspectives and also habits that define "exactly how we carry out points about below."
5. A company's society is NOT shown up in which among the following?A. Its philosophies to people management and problem-resolving and in the "chemistry" and also "personality" that permeates the occupational environment.B. Its revered heritages and also the stories that
6. Which among the following is NOT somepoint to look for in identifying a company's culture?A. The company's defined soul and also character that pervades the occupational climate.B. The company's resource staminas, core competencies, and competitive capabiliti
7. Which among the following is somepoint to look for in identifying a company's culture?A. The environment, soul and also character that pervades the occupational climate and the values, organization values, and also moral criteria that administration preaches and also pract
A. The atmosphere, heart and also character that pervades the occupational climate and also the values, business ethics, and honest standards that management preaches and also practices.
8. A company's society is commonly grounded in and shaped by:A. its core competencies and also competitive capabilities.B. its permanent strategic success or absence thereof.C. the level to which top monitoring is committed to achieving sector management.D.
9. A company's values statement and also code of ethics:A. helps to mold the culture and connect what kinds of actions and also habits are meant of all agency personnel.B. helps prevent it from coming throughout to customers and also the general public as greed
A. helps to mold the society and communicate what kinds of actions and behaviors are expected of all firm personnel.
10. At providers wright here executives believe in the merits of practicing the values and also ethical values that have been espoused:A. the executives have actually generally personally created the statement of core values and the code of principles.B. the company's pursui
11. A corporate society established on honest company values and also socially approved values:A. virtually assures that a company will certainly be (or quickly become) the acknowledged market leader bereason of the honest and also socially approved manner in which its
D. is a positive pressure underlying a company's irreversible financial success and also reduces the likelihood of lapses in ethical and socially apverified habits that deserve to damage the company's reputation.
12. The two culture-building duties of a company's proclaimed worths and honest requirements are to:A. interact the company's good intentions and also establish a corporate conscientific research.B. confirm the integrity of firm personnel and signal the above-board natur
D. foster a work-related climate wbelow firm personnel share common and strongly held convictions about exactly how the company's service is to be performed and to carry out them via guidance about how to perform their jobs- steering them toward both doing things best and also
13. Codes of values and also statements of core values:A. are the single most effective meacertain of enforcing ethical behavior and social standards, provided they are composed dvery own and eexceptionally employee is provided a copy.B. serve as yardsticks for gauging the appropr
B. serve as yardsticks for gauging the appropriateness of specific actions, decisions and also behaviors.
14. Which of the following topics would certainly leastern most likely be included in a company's statement of its core values?A. A commitment to having fun and also creating a fun occupational setting.B. A commitment to operating excellence and exceptional results.C. Mandating fu
15. Which of the complying with topics would certainly leastern likely be had in a company's code of ethics?A. Prohibiting giving or accepting bribes, kickbacks, or presents.B. Expecting all firm personnel to display screen honesty and integrity in their actions and also protect against
16. A company's declared core worths and ethical principles:A. are essential because of their role in ensuring that company executives will not interact in unethical actions or behave actually in a manner that is contrary to the company's core values.B. are typical
D. are promoting a work-related climate wright here firm personnel share common and also strongly-hosted convictions around exactly how the company's company is to be conducted and also administer guidance in displaying the core values in their actions and also behaviors.
17. Which of the following is NOT a method that suppliers employ to hammer in and also ingrain core worths and honest standards?A. Incorporating the statement of worths and the code of principles into orientation programs for brand-new employees and also training course
E. Instituting typical practices and also procedures for employees to follow as a structure for keeping moral and cultural norm conflict clashes and behavior lapses.
18. To deeply ingrain core worths and also honest criteria, a company must:A. carry out eincredibly employee with a copy of the company's statement of core values and also code of values.B. rotate the espoprovided core values and ethical standards right into strictly implemented cult
19. Which of the following is NOT an integral component of transforming core values and also ethical criteria into cultural norms?A. Instituting measures for enforcing ethical requirements.B. Immediately disabsent any employee recorded violating the company's code
B. Immediately disabsent any employee recorded violating the company's code of ethics or disabout core worths.
20. The reinforming of legendary stories does a lot for establishing a company's core worths, but they must NOT:A. location push on company personnel to display core values and also to carry out their part in keeping the service providers traditions alive.B. highlight th
21. Which of the adhering to is NOT among the positive effects that a company's proclaimed values and moral criteria have on its corpoprice culture?A. Communicating the company's excellent intentions.B. Validating the integrity and above-board nature of the com
22. Frequently, a far-ranging component of a company's culture is captured in:A. the company's strategic vision and strategic intent.B. the stories that get told over and also over aobtain to highlight the prominence of specific worths and also the depth of commitment t
B. the stories that gain told over and also over aacquire to show the prestige of certain values and also the depth of commitment that various company personnel have actually presented.
23. Once establimelted, agency societies have the right to be perpetuated by:A. relying on word-of-mouth indoctrination and also the power of tradition to instill the culture's fundamentals, as well as frequent reiteration of core worths by senior managers and group members,
A. relying on word-of-mouth indoctricountry and the power of tradition to instill the culture's fundamentals, as well as constant reiteration of core values by senior managers and group members, and also continuous ceremonies honoring members that screen wanted c
24. Which one of the following is NOT especially beneficial in perpetuating a company's culture?A. Systematic indoctrination of new members in the culture's fundamentals.B. Frequent reiteration of core worths by senior managers and also team members.C. Visi
25. Which among the following statements around a company's culture is false?A. The more brand-new employees a firm is hiring the more important it becomes to screen job applicants every little bit as much for exactly how well their values, beliefs, and also characters matc
26. The hallmark of a strong-society agency isA. strictly imposed policies and procedures.B. a strongly entrenched competitive strategy.C. the overcoming visibility of certain deeply-rooted worths, norms of actions that are widely common and also operating
C. the dominating presence of particular deeply-rooted values, standards of habits that are widely common and also operating viewpoints that "regulate" the conduct of a company's business and also the climate of its workplace.
27. In a solid society firm,A. worths and also behavioral standards are like crabgrass�deeply rooted and difficult to weed out.B. tbelow is wide support for high ethical requirements among both managers and employees.C. a firm has actually even more strategy flexibility becaus
28. The features of a solid culture agency include:A. deeply-rooted worths and operating viewpoints that "regulate" the conduct of a company's organization and the climate of its workarea.B. strong managerial commitment to display agency worths a
29. Which of the following contribute to the appearance and sustaincapacity of a strong culture?A. Senior executives that walk the talk of high ethical standards.B. A strong emphasis on developing innovative core competencies and competitive capabilities.
C. A sincere, long-standing firm commitment to operating the service according to establimelted heritages, thereby producing an internal environment that supports decision making and strategies based on cultural standards.
30. Which of the complying with is NOT a factor in contributing to the introduction and sustaincapacity of a solid culture?A. Continuity of leadership, little team size, secure team membership, geographical concentration, and also considerable business success.
D. Centralized decision-making, strict enforcement of company plans, and a solid commitment to being the industry share leader.
31. Which of the adhering to statements about a strong-society firm is false?A. In a strong-culture agency, culturally-apverified habits and means of doing points are nurtured while culturally-disapconfirmed habits and also occupational methods get squashed.B. I
D. Centralized decision-making, strict enforcement of firm policies, diligent pursuit of a distinctive competence, and also a bold strategic intent are the hallmarks of a strong-culture agency.
32. A strongly implanted corporate society has a powerful affect on actions becauseA. most corpoprice personnel have actually acknowledged and embraced the social legacies.B. of management's expectations and also co-worker peers press to conform.C. over-ti
33. A strongly implanted culture gives expensive aid in executing strategy because firm managers can use the legacy, beliefs, worths, prevalent bonds, or behavior norms:A. as levers to mobilize commitment to executing the favored strategy.B. as rei
34. Which among the following is a typical characteristic of a weak company culture?A. Very little bit cultural support for the company's strategic vision and strategy.B. No code of principles and also deep hostility to adjust and to people that champion brand-new methods of
35. Which among the following is Not a typical characteristic of a weak agency culture?A. A lack of values and also principles that are consistently preached or widely shared.B. A tendency among employees to watch their jobs as a just a way of making a livi
C. A facility value chain and also a really varied set of core competencies�both of which act to create multiple subcultures.
36. Which one of the complying with statements around a weak firm society is true?A. In a weak culture company, tbelow is basically no employee assistance for the company's strategic vision and also strategy.B. Weak culture service providers carry out not generally have actually a code of e
C. Weak societies carry out little bit assistance in executing strategy because tright here are no heritages, worths, or behavior standards that management deserve to usage as levers to mobilize commitment to executing the liked strategy.
37. A job-related setting where the culture is in sync via the favored strategy and also is conducive to excellent strategy execution it is taken into consideration a valuable managerial ally because:A. tright here is much much less danger of embarrassing honest violations.B. it gives com
B. it offers company personnel with clear guidance regarding "just how we carry out points roughly here and produces significant peer pressures from co-employees to concreate to culturally acceptable norms".
38. Which of the following is a benefit of very closely aligning the corporate culture through the demands for knowledgeable strategy execution?A. A good strategy-culture alignment makes it possible to develop a much bolder strategic vision and strategic int
C. A tight strategy-society fit steers agency personnel right into displaying habits and also adopting operating practices that promote excellent strategy execution.
39. Which of the adhering to statements about the complement in between a company's society and also its strategy is false?A. When a company's existing work-related climate promotes mindsets and also behaviors that are well suited to first-rate strategy execution, its society funct
D. A tight strategy-society alignment facilitates structure core competencies and distinctive competencies that cause low operating costs and a cost-based competitive benefit.
40. When a company's culture is out of sync with what is essential for strategic success and excellent strategy execution,A. the strategy has to be readjusted to fit the culture as quickly as possible.B. the company's strategic vision, strategic intent, and also stprice
D. the society hregarding be adjusted to accommoday the requirements of good strategy execution as promptly as have the right to be regulated.
41. The hallmarks of a high performance corpoprice culture include:A. a deep commitment to employee training, and also unusually attractive fringe benefit packperiods for firm personnel and also frequently revised and also updated values and ethics statements,.B. a "ca
B. a "can-do" soul, pride in doing points best, no-excsupplies accountcapability, and a pervasive results-oriented work-related climate where people go the extra mile to meet or beat stretch objectives.
42. Which one of the complying with statements about a high performance society is false?A. Results-oriented, high performance cultures are permeated through a soul of achievement and have a great track document in meeting or beating performance targets.B. High
B. High performance societies regularly have a low regard for high moral criteria, a solid choice for high-danger tactics, and a sluggish and also methodical approach to responding to alters in the marketarea.
43. Which among the complying with statements about a high performance culture is true?A. Results-oriented, high performance cultures are permeated through a spirit of accomplishment and also have a good track record in meeting or beating performance targets.B. High p
A. Results-oriented, high performance societies are permeated with a spirit of accomplishment and have actually a good track document in meeting or beating performance targets.
44. What is the hallnote of an adaptive corporate culture?A. A common willingness to adapt core worths to fit the transforming demands of an evolving strategy.B. A conservative strategy, prudent risk-taking, and also strong peer pressures to observe cultura
C. A clear willingness on the part of business members to accept readjust and take on the difficulty of presenting and also executing new techniques.
45. In adaptive corporate cultures,A. the prevailing watch is that the finest means of looking out for the interests of employees is to readjust core values and also social standards in whatever means are necessary to fit the transforming demands of an evolving strategy.
D. there's a soul of doing what's essential to encertain long-term organizational success offered that core worths and company principles are not endangered and also provided top administration undertakes the transforms in a manner that exhibits real worry for
46. Which of the complying with statements about adaptive corpoprice cultures is false?A. The hallnote of adaptive corporate cultures is willingness on the part of business members to accept readjust and also take on the obstacle of presenting and executing n
B. The standout cultural traits are a "can-do" spirit, pride in doing points ideal, no-excuses accountability, and a pervasive results-oriented job-related climate wbelow world go the additional mile to satisfy or beat stretch missions.
47. Which of the complying with is NOT a common trait of an unhealthy company culture?A. A politicized interior atmosphere and empire-structure managers who jealously guard their turf.B. Hostility to readjust and also a wariness of people that champion new means of d
D. An aversion to impetus compensation, faientice to recruit the ideal and also brightest employees, subpar assistance for employee training, overfocus on working in teams, and also low moral requirements.
48. Unhealthy firm cultures frequently have actually such features as:A. tight budgain controls, overly strict enforcement of longstanding policies and actions, and also low moral criteria.B. a preference for conservative tactics, an avariation to ince
C. a politicized interior environment, hostility to readjust and also an avariation to looking outside the agency for finest practices, brand-new managerial philosophies, and innovative principles.
49. Which of the adhering to is not an example of an unhealthy firm culture?A. Insular inwardly-focused cultures.B. Change-resistant societies.C. Unmoral and also greed-pushed societies.D. Politicized societies.E. Hyper-adaptive cultures.
50. What is the distinctive characteristic of an unhealthy corporate culture?A. The visibility of counterabundant social traits that adversely impact the work-related climate and also firm performance.B. The preoccupation through danger monitoring and capitalizing o
51. Companies through change-resistant culturesA. are frequently opposed to performance-based inspiration compensation and also employee empowerment.B. are susceptible to be prepopulated via preventing dangers, are unmost likely to go after actions to capture arising opportunitie
B. are prone to be prepopulated with avoiding dangers, are unmost likely to pursue actions to capture emerging avenues, are typically lax once it concerns product innovation and consistent advancement in perdeveloping value chain activities, and prefer follow
52. What provides a politicized inner environment so unhealthy?A. The fact that political infighting consumes a great deal of organizational energy.B. The consistent empire-building is prevalent exercise as supervisors pursue their own agendas.C. The buildin
53. What specifies an insular, inwardly focused culture?A. The firm never underestimates rivals bereason of their prcooktop track record in deffinishing challenges.B. The firm believes they have all the answers because of their previous great market success and also is t
B. The firm believes they have actually all the answers bereason of their previous excellent industry success and also is hence, overconfident.
54. What defines an unhonest and greed-propelled culture?A. Company type of managers and staff have little regard for ethical criteria.B. Companies run by executives that are moved by greed and also ego gratification.C. Executives exude the "ends-justify-the-means"
55. When is a subsociety MOST problematic?A. When the multiple subcultures are compatible through the overarching corporate culture and are supportive of strategy-execution.B. When the multiple subsocieties clash and coordinating efforts to craft and execut
D. When multiple subsocieties have actually adopted conflicting company philosophies which are incontinuous through remarkable strategy execution.
56. When should a society be changed as quickly as it can be managed?A. Never before, bereason the actions and also habits essential to execute the new strategy effectively are well entrenched, and also for this reason are not changeable.B. Changing a culture is just one of the toughest
D. When a solid society is unhealthy and balanced or otherwise out of sync via the actions and actions necessary to execute the strategy successfully.
57. Changing a trouble culture:A. is just one of the toughest managerial work because of the heavy anchor of ingrained habits and methods of doing things.B. is ideal done by setting up an aggressive regimen to train employees in the methods and also ideas of the
A. is among the toughest managerial tasks because of the heavy anchor of ingrained habits and also means of doing things.
58. The single the majority of visible variable that distinguishes successful culture-change initiatives from failed attempts isA. forceful management actions to empower employees to adopt brand-new operating techniques.B. experienced management at the peak.C. de-layering the ma
59. The location for administration to start in trying to adjust a trouble society isA. identifying facets of the current society that are obstacles to executing the company's strategy and also meeting performance targets.B. by spending greatly on programs to train
A. identifying facets of the current culture that are obstacles to executing the company's strategy and meeting performance targets.
60. Companies, particularly ones with multinationwide operations and/or freshly acquired businesses, commonly haveA. solid culturesB. multiple societies (or subcultures) rather than a solitary society.C. weak societies.D. adaptive cultures.E. low performance
61. When trying to change a problem culture, administration must undertake such steps asA. selecting a team of crucial employees to lead the society readjust initiative and design a arrangement for cultural readjust.B. identifying facets of the existing society that are supp
B. identifying facets of the present society that are supportive of excellent strategy execution and also which ones are not and also then specifying what brand-new actions, habits, and also job-related practices are necessary in the brand-new society to boost performance.
62. In moving to transform a trouble society, administration shouldA. recognize which facets of the existing culture are supportive of excellent strategy execution and also which ones are not.B. specify what brand-new actions, behaviors, and job-related methods must be prominent i
63. Which one of the following is not an correct step monitoring have the right to require to adjust a problem culture?A. Identifying which elements of the existing culture are supportive of excellent strategy execution and which ones are notB. Specifying what new actions,
C. Appointing a team of vital managers and also employees to architecture a plan for social readjust and also then lead the interior initiative to adjust the society
64. The food selection of actions administration can require to readjust trouble culture does NOT incorporate which one of the following?A. Making a compelling case for why the company's new strategic direction and also culture-remodeling efforts are in the organization's ideal inte
E. Shifting from decentral to centralized decision-making so regarding provide senior executives even more authority and also control in driving the cultural readjust.
65. Which among the complying with is a substantive culture-transforming activity that a company's managers have the right to underrequire to transform a difficulty culture?A. Identifying aspects of the current culture that pose difficulties.B. Revising policies and also actions in ways that
B. Revising plans and procedures in means that will help drive cultural readjust and also replacing senior executives who are resisting and obstructing required business and also social transforms.
66. Which one of the adhering to is NOT a substantive culture-changing activity that a company's supervisors can undertake to change a trouble culture?A. Promoting people that are recognized to possess the preferred cultural traits, who have actually stepped forward to advo
D. Urging agency personnel to search outside the firm for job-related practices and also operating philosophies that may be an improvement over what the company is presently doing and paying sizable bonprovides to those employees that recognize methods that the firm
67. Changing a difficulty culture to create much better alignment through strategy mostly does not involveA. replacing old-culture supervisors via new-breed managers.B. creating compensation incentives that increase the pay of groups and individuals that display screen the
68. Which among the complying with is NOT most likely to be an efficient management action (making a compelling situation to employees) around culture-remodeling initiatives that deserve to create a much better strategy-culture fit?A. Citing reasons why and also just how certain behavioral norm
C. Calling upon first-level supervisors and rank-and-file employees to identify social barriers to great strategy execution and also then lead the cultural change initiative
69. The the majority of important symbolic actions are those that optimal executives take toA. lead by instance.B. lead by affect.C. follow by instance.D. follow the majority.E. bring about the contrary.
70. Symbolic society altering actions includeA. displaying a "lead by example" viewpoint.B. reinforcing and also celebrating culture-adjust successes.C. pincreasing individuals and also groups that exemplify the new preferred actions.D. ensuring actions match the
71. Changing a trouble society isA. never a temporary exercise.B. constantly a short-term exercise.C. calls for a figured out effort by a minimal variety of employees.D. usually less complicated than it is to instill a strategy-supportive society from scratch.E. ach
72. Leading the drive for great strategy execution and also operating excellence calls upon senior executives toA. be incredibly personable, an effective communicator, and expert in the empowerment of company personnel.B. be out front personally leading the implem
73. In leading the push for proficient strategy execution and also operating excellence, the roles of top-level managers includeA. Being out in the field, seeing how well operations are going.B. Delegating authority to middle and also lower-level supervisors and also cre
74. Which of the following is NOT among the management roles that senior managers need to play in pushing for excellent strategy execution and also operating excellence?A. Learning the obstacles in the path of excellent execution and also clearing the method for progress.B.
D. Weeding out supervisors who are repetitively in the ranks of the lowest performers (the bottom 10 percent) and also that are not enthusiastic about the strategy or exactly how it is being executed.
75. When monitoring is leading the drive for great strategy execution and also operating excellence it calls for the adhering to actions on their component, EXCEPTA. remaining on peak of what is happening.B. security progress carefully.C. Putting constructive pressure
76. Which of the following techniques are made use of by leaders to remain informed on exactly how well strategy execution procedure is progressing?A. Managing by walking about (MBWA).B. Managing business with action (MBWA).C. Multi-service warning actions (MBWA).
77. Which of the following managerial methods are provided to properly lead the effort to foster a results-oriented, high-performance culture?A. Using empowerment to aid develop a totally involved workforce.B. Making champions out of the civilization who spear
78. The leadership obstacles that optimal executives face in making corrective adjustments once things are not going well includeA. learning once to rearea poorly perdeveloping employees and also once to do a much better project of coaching them to carry out the right things.B. bei
C. undertaking a thounstable evaluation of the case, working out great company judgment in deciding what actions to take and then ensuring good implementation of the corrective actions that are initiated.
79. Which of the adhering to is an example of leadership actions or managerial practices taken to foster a results-oriented, high-performance culture?A. Treating employees as valued partners.B. Utilize people-monitoring practices to construct morale and foste
80. Which of the complying with is NOT an example of leadership actions or managerial methods taken to foster a results-oriented, high-performance culture?A. Treating employees as people via no regard for their rank or contributions.B. Building ethical
81. The job of peak executives in making corrective adjustments includesA. discovering once to proceed through the current corporate culture and once to change to a various and also better corpoprice society.B. being excellent at figuring out whether to arrive at decis
C. a thostormy analysis of the case and also exercising good company judgment in deciding what actions to take.
82. The corporate strategy process does NOT entailA. crafting, implementing and executing plans.B. fine-tuning and adjusting corpoprice vision and also missions.C. a consistent process of crafting and also executing strategy to fit changing circumstances.D. re
See more: In Our Office Or At The Office Or In The Office " Or "At Office"?
83. Which of the adhering to is the finest test of excellent strategic leadership?A. Whether the agency has a good strategy and also organization design.B. Whether the enterpclimb is meeting or beating its performance targets.C. Whether the strategy is being entirely e