link to the documents
Chemical reactivity where one reactant breaks down into 2 or more products.
You are watching: Which of the following is an example of a synthesis reaction?
· Write the general chemical equation for a decomplace reaction.
· Describe examples of decomposition reactions.
Hydrogen peroxide is a widely supplied disinfectant for minor cuts and scrapes. You may have a bottle of hydrogen peroxide prefer the one pictured below in your medication cabinet at home. Did you ever before notice that hydrogen peroxide is constantly retained in a dark brvery own bottle choose this one? Do you understand why? The reason is that hydrogen peroxide requirements to be safeguarded from light. If it isn’t, it will progressively break dvery own towaterand also oxygen. This is a decomplace reactivity.
What Is a Decomplace Reaction?
Adecomposition reactionoccurs as soon as one reactant breaks down right into two or more commodities. It can be represented by the basic equation:
AB → A + B
In this equation, AB represents the reactant that starts the reaction, and A and B reexisting the commodities of the reaction. The arrowhead mirrors the direction in which the reaction occurs.
Q:What is the chemical equation for the decomplace of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) towater(H2O) and also oxygen (O2)?
A:The equation for this decomposition reactivity is:
2 H2O2→ 2 H2O + O2
Other Instances of Decomplace Reactions
Two even more examples of decomplace reactions are defined listed below. You have the right to see added examples at this URL:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxlWtsFinTM
· Carbonic acid (H2CO3) is an ingredient in soft drinks. A decomposition reaction takes location once carbonic acid breaks down to producewater(H2O) and carbon dioxide (CO2). This occurs as soon as you open up a have the right to of soft drink and also some of the carbon dioxide fizzes out. The equation for this reaction is:
H2CO3→ H2O + CO2
· Another decomplace reaction occurs as soon as water (H2O) breaks dvery own to produce hydrogen (H2) and oxygen (O2)gases(seeFigurebelow). This happens as soon as
2 H2O → 2 H2+ O2
Q:What ratio of hydrogen molecules (H2) to oxygen molecules (O2) is developed in the decomplace of water?
A:Two hydrogen molecules per oxygen molecule are created bereason water (H2O) has actually a ratio of two hydrogenatomsto one oxygen atom.
· A decomposition reactivity occurs when one reactant breaks down into 2 or even more products. This have the right to be represented by the general equation: AB → A + B.
· Instances of decomplace reactions include the breakdown of hydrogen peroxide to water and also oxygen, and the breakdvery own of water to hydrogen and also oxygen.
Watch the video about decomplace reactions at the complying with URL, and then answer the questions below.
1. Why are decomplace reactions the oppowebsite ofsynthesis reactions?
2. What are the products of the decomplace of hydrogen chloride (HCl)?
3. What is missing from each of these well balanced equations for decomposition reactions?
a. 2Ni2O3→ 4Ni + ?
b. 2Al2O3→ ? + 3O2
4. What is a general rule for the decomplace of metal hydrogen carbonates?
1. What is a decomposition reaction? What is the general equation for a decomposition reaction?
2. Describe the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide, and also write a balanced chemical equation for this reactivity.
3. Which of the followingchemical equationsrepresents a decomposition reaction?
a. H2SO3→ H2O + SO2
b. 2Na + Cl2→ 2NaCl
c. 2K + 2H2O → 2KOH + H2
d. NaCl + AgF → NaF + AgCl
Chemical reaction wbelow 2 or more reactants integrate to form a single product.
· Define synthesis reactivity.
· Describe an example of a synthesis reactivity.
In this photo of Los Angeles, The golden state, the air over the city is brown via smog. A major component of smog is nitrogen dioxide, which is a toxic gas through a sharp odor. Nitrogen dioxide can irritate the eyes and also throat and also trigger asthma strikes. Where does this poisonous gas come from? It forms once nitric oxide—from sources such as automobile exhaust—reacts with oxygen in the air. This reactivity is a synthesis reaction.
What Is a Synthesis Reaction?
Asynthesis reactionoccurs as soon as two or more reactants integrate to form a solitary product. A synthesis reactivity can be stood for by the general equation:
A + B → C
In this equation, the letters A and also B recurrent the reactants that start the reaction, and the letter C represents the product that is synthesized in the reactivity. The arrow mirrors the direction in which the reaction occurs.
Q:What is the chemical equation for the synthesis of nitrogen dioxide (NO2) from nitric oxide (NO) and also oxygen (O2)?
A:The equation for this synthesis reaction is:
2NO + O2→ 2NO2
Instances of Synthesis Reactions
Anvarious other instance of a synthesis reactivity is the combicountry of sodium (Na) and also chlorine (Cl) to create sodium chloride (NaCl). This reactivity is represented by the chemical equation:
2Na + Cl2→ 2NaCl
Sodium is a very reenergetic steel, and chlorine is a poisonous gas. Bothelementsare pictured in theFigurelisted below. The compound they synthesize has incredibly various properties. Sodium chloride is frequently dubbed table salt, which is neither reenergetic nor poisonous. In truth, salt is a vital component of the huguy diet. You can watch more examples of synthesis reactions at this URL:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxlWtsFinTM.
· A synthesis reactivity occurs as soon as two or more reactants combine to develop a single product. This kind of reaction is represented by the basic equation: A + B → AB.
· An example of a synthesis reaction is the combination of sodium (Na) and also chlorine (Cl) to develop sodium chloride (NaCl). This reactivity is represented by the chemical equation: 2Na + Cl2→ 2NaCl.
Watch the two-video sequence on synthesis reactions at the following URLs, and also then answer the concerns listed below.
1.Why is it straightforward to identify synthesis reactions?
2. What is the product of the synthesis reaction in which sodium combines with oxygen?
3. Write a balanced chemical equation for the synthesis reaction in which nitrogen reacts through hydrogen.
4. Complete the adhering to two synthesis reactions by filling in the absent products:
a. 2Al + 3Br2→ ?
b. 2K + S → ?
1. What is a synthesis reaction?
2. Describe the synthesis reaction that produces table salt.
3. Which of the adhering to is a synthesis reaction?
a. 2H2O → 2H2+ O2
b. 2NO + O2→ 2NO2
c. 2K + 2H2O → 2KOH + H2
d. CH4+ 2O2→ CO2+ 2H2O
Commonly dubbed burning, a chemical reactivity wbelow a substance reacts conveniently through oxygen.
· Write the basic formula for a burning reaction.
· Describe examples of burning reactions.
See more: Can You Sell Your Soul Just By Saying It, What Would You Sell Your Soul For
Don’t attempt this at home! This performer isn’t really eating fire, however he still puts on an outstanding present. You understand that fire is dangerous. It’s warm, it deserve to burn you, and also it can quickly acquire out of regulate. But carry out you understand what fire is? Fire is the result of a chemical reactivity. Whenever before somepoint burns, a type of reactivity called a burning reactivity occurs.
What Is a Combustion Reaction?
Aburning reactionoccurs when a substance reacts conveniently via oxygen (O2). For example, in theFigurelisted below, charcoal is combining through oxygen. Combustion is frequently dubbed burning, and also the substance that burns is generally referred to as fuel. The assets of a finish burning reaction include carbon dioxide (CO2) andwatervapor (H2O). The reactivity typically offers offheatand also light as well. The basic equation for a complete burning reactivity is: