Specialists in sporting activities building since 1991, S&C Slast are specialists in athletics area and also running track Construction. From design and also build to ongoing maintenance we are experts in athletics track building and repairs.
We job-related with clients at a area, nationwide and also global level, and also our knowledgeable staff have actually worked on athletics tasks such as the Manchester and Glasgow Republic games.Read on to learn more around outstanding athletics facilities or call us to discuss your task requirements.
You are watching: How much does a running track cost
Running track construction
We job-related carefully through our athletics partners Tarkett/Beynon Sports, world-leading manufacturers of track and also area surdeals with, creating porous, sandwich and also complete polyurethane track systems.
Whether you’re in search of an 8-lane polymeric athletics track to UK Athletics Licence Level 2 Competition Grade complete with field athletics, or a 4-lane running track for institution sports, we occupational via you based upon your needs, constraints and also demands.
Our all-encompassing in-house departments across architecture and also planning, building and construction, civil design and also maintenance permit us to deliver at every phase of the sports building and construction process.
We are always happy to talk about brand-new athletics facilities and market a cost-free initial consultation. Call or email for an informal chat about your sporting needs.
Athletics track resurfacingFor running tracks that have concerned the end of their valuable life, we have the right to bring out a complete or partial resurdealing with of the track, utilising and also improving the existing facilities whilst implementing a brand-new surdealing with device. Prior to the require for a full resurface, continuous maintenance will certainly maximise the lifeexpectancy of your pitch, while ensuring optimum performance and safety and security. Our dedicated maintenance department deserve to advise on what steps have the right to be taken to repair and also refresh your athletics track.
How to build an athletics track
The running track building and construction process deserve to be damaged dvery own into 9 vital steps:
1. Deauthorize and planningThe initial phase of the process is occurring and finalising the style of your athletics track, before obtaining planning permission. Once planning permission is granted, technical drawings and specifications are developed prepared for building and construction.
2. Environmental considerationsEnvironpsychological mitigation is becoming a top priority for many kind of organisations and governing bodies. We can incorpoprice various actions right into the design, such as the management of water run-off and drainage.
3. Health and safetyA thorough setup must be in location to ensure a safe construction site, employing the latest best practice to fulfill all legislative needs for running track building.
4. EarthworksGroundfunctions are undertaken to prepare the land also and provide that all necessary foundation for the brand-new track. This will follow the important surveys, reports and deindications apshowed in the design and also planning stage and also consists of job-related such as earth excavation and stripping topsoil.
5. DrainageThe style of drainage will differ depending on whether the surface of the running track being built is porous or non-porous. Suitable drainage units will certainly be implemented to support the preferred track form and also encertain that negative weather won’t weaken performance.
6. Sub-base and also baseJust like the drainage device, the architecture and also materials used in any kind of sub-base or base will certainly depfinish on the kind of track being created, for example a porous polyurethane track will certainly mainly be lassist over a rubber granule base, sustained by a a porous accumulation sub-base.
7. Shock absorbancy layer (if applicable)Whilst many running track surencounters have natural shock absorbency in the products offered, sandwich tracks utilise a secondary EPDM layer, which gives enhanced shock absorbency and life expectations once compared to porous devices.
8. Athletics track surfaceTright here are selection of surdeals with to select from, such as a porous track device, sandwich track system or full polyurethane device. We deserve to advise which is best suited to you based on the level of usage, competition and also price.
9. Ancillary equipmentAncillary tools includes items favor hurdles, hammer and talk about netting, and also the building of fencing, floodlighting, spectator areas and also pavilions.
Get in touch via us to comment on your running track building.
Porous track systems
Porous running track devices are the most common artificial track surfaces in the UK. The system comprises of an SBR granular rubber base layer, through a coloured EPDM textured spray applied to the wearing course layer. Durable and economical, it’s understandable why this is the the majority of famous athletics track kind and is widely provided for recreational and competitive use on a area level – perfect for institutions, universities and also clubs.
As the name says, these tracks are designed so that water will certainly flow with the surface right into the drainage mechanism, while allowing moisture to escape.Sandwich track system
Sandwich running tracks are non-porous devices that combine aspects of both porous tracks and Full PU ‘solid’ track devices, transferring the durcapability and performance closer to the latter, at a reduced cost base.
An EPDM granulate is cast over the SBR rubber granular base, prior to the application of a polyurethane top coating, moving intensified shock absorbency and life expectations once compared to a porous track system.
Sandwich track devices are suitable for worldwide athletics and greater hours of use than non-porous devices, so are perfect for high-level training and also competition in clubs and stadia.Full Polyurethane (PU) solid track system
Solid PU devices are designed for high level competition, high intensity use framework to Olympic traditional. The base layer consists of a polyurethane elastomer flood coat via cast rubber granulate. A even more flood layer of polyurethane through EPDM rubber granulate is then applied to the initial layer to finish the system.
Whilst even more costly than sandwich and also porous track devices, the advantage of solid tracks is that they provide optimum durcapability and also elasticity, requiring less maintenance, weathering heavy spike use and transporting performance forced and supposed of elite athletics tracks.Non-porous athletics tracks
Both sandwich track and complete polyurethane units are non-porous athletics tracks, interpretation that the water does not penetrate the track and is rather removed by gravitational flow and slope with to the surchallenge drain mechanism. It’s important to the performance of these tracks that both the style and installation is correct with proper drainage and base accumulation to remove water from over and also listed below the surconfront.
See more: How Do You Say Word Search In Spanish, Word Search Noun
With the wide range of surfaces and specifications accessible, there’s not a simple answer to this. The greatest components in price will be the favored surconfront form and compelled number of lanes. For example, the average expense of an 8-lane 400m running track via full PU polyurethane solid surconfront will typically be in the area of £900,000, wbelow a 2-lane 400m running track through a porous surface will certainly start at approximately £265,000.Normally speaking, an 8-lane 400m athletics track will be in between £540,000 - £900,000, though tbelow are a number of determinants which deserve to vastly influence the all at once price of athletics track construction.These factors include:-Number of lanes required-Scope of groundfunctions required-Chosen athletics track surconfront system-Environpsychological mitigation methods-More sporting attributes e.g. in-area athletics, lengthy jump areas, sprint straights-Floodlighting, fencing and equipment requirements-Ancillary equipment (team shelters, pavilions, spectator areas)Civil design job-related is nearly always required in assistance of sports building and construction, whether this be accessibility pathmethods and hardstandings, or brand-new roadmeans and also auto parks. This might must be factored into your in its entirety breakthrough prices. The expense for athletics track resurdealing with is often significantly lower, due to a lot of the framework currently being in location. For example, sandwich track devices deserve to be refurbiburned through retexturizing the peak coating.Get in touch if you’d like an example of a thorough breakdown of costs for a particular athletics track surface, or a quote on the cost of structure a running track based on your needs.